Cc (six word story)
In one month it will be four since we last spoke,
but I can still taste your voice in my throat
and it hurts.
the worst is knowing I was wrong. the rest is all shitty love songs and
my therapist, who I have stopped seeing and
the pool of light from the lamp at my bedside
that looks like your hand at midnight and
little things like this
are still making me cry.
the worst part was not knowing why,
and knowing I might fly across the country again some day
only to feel lonelier than at home.
When I’m alone sometimes, I threaten to call you.
Sometimes I do, but hang up before the first ring.
I know that you never think of me.
And my god says all love takes and it gives
in equal parts. Even when it doesn’t feel that way. She says love is like the ocean and the rain.
And last week she said I should be thankful for all you let me keep,
and the bits of you still between my teeth
and the nights I can still sleep through.
My god tells me I shouldn’t call you,
but sometimes I do, and I’m sorry.
Sign Language; Hannah Beth Ragland (via allmymetaphors)
when youre at a concert does it suddenly hit you at random moments that the band are real people and not just pictures on the internet
at my monumentour show i started to cry during “miss missing you” and pete saw me and furrowed his eyebrows together and then stuck his tongue out at me until i laughed at him and then gave me the cheesiest smile and it was just the cutest thing pete wentz needs to be protected and loved at all costs
- The boy who takes your virginity is only going to love you long enough for you to stay in his bed.
- Your first job is never the best job. But you’ll meet some of your best friends there.
- Sometimes things don’t go the way you expect them to at all.
- People are usually never who they say they are.
- If you love someone, you need to tell them. Nobody is good at the guessing game.
- If your best friends don’t like the boy you’re involving yourself with, chances are he’s bad news.
- If a boy starts an invitation with, “Are you home alone”/”I’ll be home alone”, say no. You are a human being, not a toy to be played with.
- If some boy invites you to “the backseat of his truck”, he’s a piece of shit. Tell him to fuck himself.
- “Sorry” doesn’t always fix what you messed up.
- Stop wasting time wishing you could take back what you already did.
- You are at fault sometimes.
- There’s going to be a boy that you let get away. Yes, you loved him. It’s for the best, though.
- Toxic people hardly ever start off toxic.
- It’s always nice to make new friends, but never forget who your real friends are.
- Never lose the friends that would answer their phone at 3am if you called
- Never lose sight of who you are because of a boy.
16 Things I Learned While Being 16 (via dizzyhemmings)